Elizabeth's Reviews > Be Love Now: The Path of the Heart

Be Love Now by Ram Dass

Dec 07, 2010

Read in December, 2010

When I feel myself becoming paranoid or lost in material stuff, Ram Dass always puts me back on the right path. He has been doing this for over 30 years and this time was no different. Since Ram Dass is no longer traveling to teach, I was afraid that was the end of the road so I was very happy to have one more book. And this book does not disappoint. If you’ve read the classic, Be Here Now, you have to read Be Love Now.
Although I’ve seen Ram Dass many times I have never seen Maharaj-ji and knew very little about him. In Be Love Now, Ram Dass shares many collected stories about his beloved guru. The photo of Maharaj-ji on page 161 was phenomenal. His penetrating gaze kept pulling me in and I can only imagine the force of seeing those eyes in person. (Ram Dass warns that Maharaji-ji’s eyes had the power to take you into full samadhi and so he kept his eyes half closed because people could not bear the force.)
The last part of this book describes the lives of other great saints and realized beings many of whom I had never heard of. I devoured this book very fast but like all my beloved guru’s books, I will read Be Love Now again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Love Now.

Ryan "When I feel myself becoming paranoid or lost in material stuff, Ram Dass always puts me back on the right path."

Yes, this is my experience exactly.