Danielle's Reviews > Love the One You're With

Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: own, for-the-ladies
Recommended for: Anyone!
Read in May, 2008

First off, I couldn't put this book down, I started it on Sunday (late morning) and finished it Monday evening.

This is my second favorite Emily Giffin book (behind Something Borrowed). There was a similar dynamic between Ellen and Margot, much like that of Rachel and Darcy in Something Borrowed. While the premise of the book wasn't the same, you get the same test of loyalty since Ellen is married to Margot's older brother Andy. In fact, I would say that the test of loyalty might be stronger due to the blood relationship between Margot and Andy.

Anyways, I don't want to say too much, I had a feeling as to how the book would end given the title...it was just my intrigue to see how Ellen would get from point a to point b.

The premise of the story is something I think most people can relate to, male or female, as at some point in our lives I suspect we have all felt the same way about the road not taken. Whether it be a relationship, a job, college...etc. So this made Ellen very easy to relate to...

There is no tie to Giffin's other books so this one could be read before the others.
18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love the One You're With.

message 1: by Opik (new) - added it

Opik Is this the best book than the other? Cause Im bit confused to read which book first. Thanks for your information.

Sarah Nelson I could not agree more about this

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary is andys lawyer friend hilary not rachels friend? or is that just coincidence