Wendy's Reviews > Restoring Harmony

Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony

Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, book-clubs, dystopian, ebooks, girly-books, young-adult
Read in September, 2011

To help her grandparents, young Molly travels from her isolated home in beautiful Canada to a ruined Portland suburb. Along the way she sees firsthand (and for the first time) the bad effects of the Collapse, started by massive oil shortages that left cities abandoned and ripe for criminals to take over. With her fiddle by her side and the help of a mysterious young man, will Molly be able to rescue her family and get back to the home she loves?

I liked this book, but I didn't love it. Which is sad, as it had so much potential to be really great. I was excited to read some dystopian fiction that had themes of music, family, and hope in it. But it's the kind of book that makes me wish I were someone's editor or early reader. Here's what I would have changed:

(view spoiler)

So, all in all, I liked the story, and filled in enough in my own head to make it work, but I wish it had been just a bit more fleshed out and think it could have been really awesome. Joelle, if you're reading this, just let me know when you're ready with your next book, I'll be happy to look it over for you. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restoring Harmony.

09/28/2011 page 80

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lidia Well that would explain why it's not in book stores anymore :-P lol