Isamlq's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Dec 21, 2010

Read from December 18 to 19, 2010

In the last couple of days I have been reading YA contemporary after YA contemporary and Anna and the French Kiss is an awesome addition to my growing pile of YA contemporaries that I LOVE. It’s sweet, romantic, and HILARIOUS in turns. And it doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Anna. Anna Oliphant. She reads so real: afraid of doing new things and embarrassing herself because she has all these stereotypes in her head. I found her particularly entertaining when asked if she was that obvious

St. Clair. Callipygian. See, YA contemporary isn’t all fluff, it actually taught me a couple of new words So, St. Clair. Anna and half the school are enamored with him because his nice, polite and just plain old exceptional looking.

All the other “secondary” characters were awesome as well. I put secondary in quotes because at times they just don’t seem secondary. Rashmi, Josh and Mer almost always did play apart in what was going on. Not to mention how initially most of Anna’s thoughts circled back home.

The story itself was excellent. I loved that they didn’t fall into each others arms as soon as they met, although she did develop a massive crush on him. Yes, she is a bit conflicted. She’s pining after a boy back home and he’s is in a serious relationship.

Read it! It’s heart felt and doesn’t take itself too seriously.
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

Quotes Isamlq Liked

Stephanie Perkins
“I wish friends held hands more often, like the children I see on the streets sometimes. I'm not sure why we have to grow up and get embarrassed about it.”
Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

Stephanie Perkins
“Boys turns girls into such idiots.”
Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely The book looks interesting!

Isamlq KD.. its such sweet book... :)