Maldivianbookreviewer's Reviews > No Place to Run

No Place to Run by Maya Banks

My likes:

1- Boy, where do I start? This book packs everything and I don’t mean that lightly, EVERYTHING that I look for when I pick up a novel of the romantic suspense genre. Action packed, highly sensual and emotional with enough character development that keeps the pages turning, I resented the time I had to spend away from the story after I started reading. Yes, Maya Banks has done a splendid job with this one and I can’t literally wait for Garrett’s (*sigh* there goes the knee shaky thing again!) story to come out in March 2011.

2- Sam Kelly. Oh boy! He is one yummy alpha hero, in fact I don’t know how Ms. Banks does it with the Kelly men, but the entire bunch just makes me salivate, sigh, drool and palpitate as the story unfolds. Even with the 1st chapter itself, Sam managed to knock my socks off, with his smoldering sensuality, the simmering need deep within him to claim the woman who is obviously meant for him which touched me in a deep, deep way. And as the story continues, I got to see so many sides of Sam, the responsible tough oldest sibling role he has to play, the gentle, kindhearted soul that comes out to play when he is around those who are weaker than him and the way he lays claim on his woman sealed the deal for me with this hero.

3- Sophie! She is one hell of a heroine. Vulnerable, beautiful and fiercely protective as a mother lioness with her cubs when it comes to her baby and Sam, she totally won me over because she is exactly what Sam needs in his life to make it complete. I loved her because she doesn’t take crap from anyone, not Sam, not Garrett and not even her formidably frightening father and still managed to touch something deep inside of my heart with her need to belong, to be loved and cossetted by someone who would love her unconditionally.

4- The family dynamics in the story. What pulled me in even from the very 1st book in the series is how well the whole Kelly family as well as other side roles within the series have been created, whetting the reader’s appetite for more from them. Apart from the obvious Kelly brothers whose stories every reader of this series must covet, I would love to read Rusty, Sean as well as P.J. and Steele’s story. It is a testament to how well the character development has been handled within the story that I as a reader have this deep, insatiable need to learn more about them, whom we just get to meet in a scene or two in the whole story. Kudos to Ms. Banks for a job well done!

5- As much as I coveted the emotional, sensual and action-packed moments in the story, I loved the humor-laced parts of the story, though they were few and far in-between. The scene that stands out the most is where Sam has to find underthings for Sophie, and it is to his mom he has to turn to, and the conversation between Garrett, Sam and Donovan just had me laughing out loud – making my husband a firm believer of the fact that I am stark raving mad! ^_^

6- And before I forget, I very much heart the man-titty cover! Would make a sensational addition to Pamela Clare’s MTM posts don’tcha think? ^_^

My Dislikes: Absolutely none! Just wish there was more of this stuff to read, is all!! ^_^

Full review with quotes from the story:
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Place to Run.

4.0% "Whoa! Sam Kelly! That was something else! ^_^"
18.0% "Resent the need to take a break, but a girl's gotta eat.."
44.0% "Sigh!! The Kelly family dynamics - so adorable!"
58.0% "Nooo!! That DID not just happen!" 1 comment
100.0% "*bliss*"

message 1: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Hi MBV,
How are you dear?
I would like to Maya Bank's book.
If i try this one first and skip book #1 is still ok?
Recently i'm in the mood to read military / special agent book:)

Maldivianbookreviewer Hey Amanda,
Being so long since we chatted on Goodreads.
I am doing good. How are you doing? Hope you are feeling better since the last time we chatted.
Well, you can still read book 2 without reading book 1 but for the full family dynamics to take effect and because book 1 is also a great story in the series, I would recommend for you to read both - if you can ;)

message 3: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Hi MBV,
Yeah, we've been so long didn't chat on GR.
Now i am doing ok after some personal problem settled.
Before this i am not in the mood of reading at all, now a bit ok.
Oh ya MBR, i just wanted to ask you..where do you normally buy e-book?. Can i download it to handphone for quick reading?.
Have you buy any book from The Book Depository before, any problem with delivery?
Thanks for your help ya:)

Maldivianbookreviewer Hey Amanda,
I normally buy my ebooks from Amazon, Samhain and Ellora's Cave.
And no, I have never tried using Book Depository but I think Jayne uses it a lot with favorable results.
And am so glad to hear that you have sorted things out. Life is all about ups and downs. Hang in there.

message 5: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Hello MBV,
Thanks for your recommendation, i'll check out mentioned website.
Jayne has mentioned about the book depository to me before, maybe i'll try to get book from there as well.
You are absolutely right, life is all about ups and downs, sometimes problem will get us more mature and stronger, just 'one day at a time':))