Diana's Reviews > Sandworms of Dune

Sandworms of Dune by Brian Herbert

Jan 24, 08

Read in January, 2008

Kinda like a high school reunion...it's fun to see everyone again, but you're REAL glad you're not still in school. After I got over the nostalgia factor, this book was a bit tedious.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandworms of Dune.

message 1: by JoeM (new)

JoeM well put. i've never read it...nor seen the movie...but that desc speaks for itself.

Kenneth Diana,
thank you for writing this review. It says exactly what I felt while reading this book. It lacks the voice, original thoughts and vividness that Frank Herbert probably planned in his outline and would have been able to imbue if he had been able to finish it himself.

I'm not even sure that I believe that the machine plot was really written by Frank Herbert, rather than something the two tacked on to tie this "concluding" book to their so-called prequels.

Ampoliros the machine plot is admitted by the new authors to be their own invention. while they claim to have the notes and outline there is little evidence that these two books follow either. Using 4 Deus ex machina to end the book speaks of hopeless writing and bad planning which again suggests there is no outline being used.