Fajar Indra's Reviews > The Right Attitude to Rain

The Right Attitude to Rain by Alexander McCall Smith

Dec 20, 10

Read from December 19 to 20, 2010

Third book in the Isabel Dalhousie series. A lot of readers might be put off by the lacking of mystery in this book (there's a bit of one in there, but it's very very insignificant to the plot, sadly), but I actually love that Smith put so much effort into character and relationship developments, though I don't like it as well as the first two. The story went so many different directions that it felt a little scattered, and I'm unsatisfied with the ending, especially knowing how it will effect future books in the series.

One thing I love in this story is the engaging characters. No heroes or heroines, just people, warts and all and one cares about their interplay and how they resolve their problems, and a lovely, unexpected end that leaves one wanting to plunge straight into the next book of the series. The author's portrayal of protagonist Isabel is certainly strong enough that I've developed a sort of relationship with her.

In overall, I feel this series of books is like reading a soap opera. I am eagerly waiting to get my hands on the next installments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Right Attitude to Rain.