Rosabelle Purnama's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

3421953
Nov 11, 14

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, romance, favorites, ebooks
Read from December 09 to 16, 2010, read count: 1

Hmm... what can I say about this book..... Except that I really really liked it. This book came recommended to me. At first I didn't have any expectations on this book. I thought this would just be another YA story that is easy to read and fun, with sappy romance story as the main theme. But this book is different than most YA romance novels. Yes, it is about romance. Yes, it has the main teen characters falling in love. But it's dangerous and forbidden love.

And what makes this novel different in my opinion is also the main characters, Alex (Alejandro Fuentes) and Brittany Ellis. I totally like them both. Alex and Brittany are not just your normal rebellious or fun and careless free teenager, but they actually hold a huge burden which makes them better than any teenage character on most YA books that I've read.

The story begins when Alex and Brittany are forced to become chemistry partner by their chemistry teacher, Mrs. P. From this, blooms a love story that will have you reaching out for your Kleenex, because it's sweet, a bit romantic, and touching at parts. However, theirs are the love that is forbidden, because they come from two different worlds. Brittany comes from the wealthy part of the city and Alex comes from the poor side of the city, and he's also in a gang. However, Brittany's not what she seems. I like how she's portrayed to be a good girl, responsible and caring for her sister, but also a captain of the cheerleader team and the most popular girl in school, which is usually the opposite of what she is.

This book is definitely a must read. I laughed, I cried and I still feel like i'm still in the story, even if I have finished the book. I would definitely recommend this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

12/10/2010 page 40