Debra's Reviews > Dead Ball

Dead Ball by Michael Balkind

Dec 12, 10

bookshelves: mystery-thriller-suspense
Read from December 06 to 09, 2010

Golf legend, Reid Clark, is devastated by the murder of his best friend, Bob Thomas. Since Thomas was the chief financial officer of the Inner City Sports Foundation and Allsport Athletic Center, Reid wants to know if his murder has anything to do with ICSF, or was it personal? To find the killer fast, Reid brings in Jay Scott, a PI and a security consultant to Allsport. Not everyone on the police force welcomes Jay’s take charge attitude in the investigation, but Reid needs answers before ICSF donors start withdrawing support for the massive sports center.

Dead Ball is a well-plotted whodunit that incorporates hi-tech, crime-solving methods with the world of sport. I loved the concept of Allsport itself, and the fast-paced competency of Jay Scott’s investigative team. I doubt many police forces would be that obliging to a PI in real life, but it was fun to read. What’s really intrigued me is the concept of a mega sports complex designed to train high level athletes in nearly every sport imaginable. By doing this, author Michael Balkind has created wonderful opportunities for more stories, and I look forward to reading them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Ball.