Brian Sheridan's Reviews > The Last of the Mohicans

** spoiler alert ** checkpoint 1:
12/05/10
1-61
time spent:unsure maybe 2.5 hours
The book's tension is based around the French and Indian war and the fighting between the parties of both sides. The tension is caused by the young french girls quest to reach their father at his fort but have to evade the British and thanks to the help of their new found friends, escape the attack of a traitors guide magua, who is an enemy indian seeking to capture the young girls. This tension is all caused by the French an Indian War, the setting of the book.
The author's writing style is very verbose, and very descriptive. I am having a tab bit of a hard time reading through all his long and descriptive language. an example sentence is "The simple admirer of the war-horse fell back to a low, gaunt, switch-tailed mare, that was unconsciously gleaning the faded herbage if the camp nigh by;"pg.10. As you can see the whole book is like this and is sure gonna make it a long read.
I think that the sisters have a epiphany about there journey ealy in the book whe she realizes " WE have been selfish,sister in urging our visits at such a hazard"pg.56 foreshadowing their capture and the troubles they will run in to. I feel like the author add this part to add even more dramam to the book so the fututre peril seems even more dramatic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last of the Mohicans.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss P-C (new)

Miss P-C How do you feel about the style?