Tara's Reviews > The Dead and Buried

The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington

Jan 01, 13

Read on December 11, 2012

Review originally posted http://hobbitsies.net/2012/12/the-dea...

I enjoyed The Dead and the Buried by Kim Harrington a lot! It didn’t quite give me the chill factor I was hoping for, but I was definitely interested in the story and I had to keep reading until the end to see who the murderer was!

I really liked Jade. I’m always a fan of protagonists with hobbies and I loved reading about each gem that Jade was wearing throughout The Dead and the Buried. I thought Kim Harrington wove each stone’s meaning into the story really well.

I also loved Donovan. I would have loved to gotten to know him a bit better – I didn’t really connect with him on the personal level, but I did love reading about Donovan and Jade’s interactions with him. And I’m always up for artsy loner boys.

I loved the mystery in The Dead and the Buried. I was so lost – I literally had no idea who could have done it because there were so many suspects and I loved figuring out the mystery as Jade did. And I totally didn’t see it coming. Not even a hint of it, so I was totally shocked by the ending.

The ghosty bits didn’t really creep me out as much I was hoping for, although there was this one moment where I had to set down my iPad and take a few calming breaths because it was so freaky. But for the most part, it’s fairly tame and I think even the scardiest of readers would be able to handle it – because I am a total scaredy cat.

Overall, if you’re looking for an intriguing mystery with some paranormal twists, I do recommend The Dead and the Buried by Kim Harrington. I had fun while reading The Dead and the Buried – I was engaged by the mystery and on my toes to know who killed Kayla.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead and Buried.