Ms. Rosas's Reviews > Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Dec 10, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy
Read from December 05 to 10, 2010

2.5 stars. I picked up this book to continue the Greek gods theme after finishing Percy Jackson (Lost Heroes was not available). Like Percy Jackson it's about the descendants of Greek gods and their training. Gods, however, seem to take a backseat to high school drama. They seem to be the excuse for the normal high school cliques. Of course since most of the gods don't like each other this kinda fits. It was a little, okay a lot, far fetched sometimes. Like a therapist mom marrying and moving her daughter to Greece for her senior year and not expecting any backlash. Then her new step-father telling her on the ferry to the island that the school is exclusive to descendants of the gods and her accepting it after a brief fainting spell. Phoebe is a mostly likable character, she is a teenage girl after all, and even though most of the characters are pretty one dimensional they are likable. Overall a fun read that will probably appeal more to fans of Sweet Valley High than Percy Jackson. Also I know I totally dated myself with that reference.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oh. My. Gods..

12/07/2010 page 56

message 1: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em I think it would appeal to fans of Meg Cabot. I was disappointed by the fact that Greek mythology played such a small role in a book about.. Greek myth.

Ms. Rosas Ema wrote: "I think it would appeal to fans of Meg Cabot. I was disappointed by the fact that Greek mythology played such a small role in a book about.. Greek myth."

I agree on both counts. I went into it looking for something like Percy but once I got over that it was cute.