Kristi's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Jun 02, 2011

bookshelves: own-arc, favorites
Read from May 03 to 05, 2011

First of all, if you haven't read Shade, stop reading this review right now, and get on that! Not that this review is spoilery by any means, but Shade is awesome and you should definitely start there, since it's the beginning of the series and all.

I loved Shade, absolutely loved it, and even after reading several books, it still always stuck out there. The story and it's characters.... it was easy to fall into and hard to fall out! As much as I loved Shade, I have to say that Shift really took it to a whole other level. I think it's because I got to be with those characters again, that I felt so strongly about in the first book. I watched them grow and make mistakes.... felt their guilt and sorrow.... those fleeting moments of happiness that made it all worth it. Can I just throw heart-wrenching out there and not go into it anymore than that.... I cried.

We finally find out a little more about Aura's mother and about the Shift. I have to say that I didn't see any of it coming, none of it! And after that ending, I have no idea what to expect next!

I was hooked from the first page.... and I didn't want to let go on the last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

05/03/2011 page 25
05/04/2011 page 170
44.0% 1 comment

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I love your book suggestions Kristi ;) -Michele

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen YAY THIS BOOK!

Brooke yep! yep! yep! it was so amaze right!?

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Copeseeley I am hearing that all over the place. Guess I'll have to pick it up. :)