Janet Barclay's Reviews > iPhone: The Missing Manual: Covers All Models with 3.0 Software-including the iPhone 3GS

iPhone by David Pogue

Jan 01, 11

Recommended for: anyone using an iPhone for the first time
Read from December 07 to 18, 2010

I was so excited when I bought my iPhone, but quickly discovered that it wasn't as obvious to do certain things as I'd expected. Not wanting to wait until someone had time to sit down with me and walk me through everything, I decided to order this book.

I quickly learned important basics such as how to copy and paste text (you don't double tap as I'd guessed) and how to install new apps. I also learned about a lot of other features I wouldn't even have thought to look for.

Like the other books in the series, you can sit and read it from cover to cover, trying out different things as you go, and keep it on hand as a reference manual for times when a question pops up. The author doesn't talk down to you by calling you a Dummie or a Complete Idiot, nor does he expect you to be a technical wizard. Instead, he offers a great combination of humour and valuable information.

I am very happy I bought it, and I'm sure it won't be the last "Missing Manual" I add to my library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read iPhone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kathy Stinson When you show me what your iPhone can do, do you think I'll want one too?

Janet Barclay You just might!