Cheree's Reviews > Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God

Fasting by Jentezen Franklin

Dec 11, 10

Read from December 05 to 11, 2010

I have fasted before... 7 day fasts to clean out my system, 3 day fasts to seek an answer to a pressing problem... but I have never fasted for 21 days or 40 days. It was nice to read the biblical teachings on fasting (though I must confess they were dealt with somewhat superficially and I would like to further study this out on my own). It was also inspiring to hear the testimonies of people who had committed to the 21 day (or longer) fast.

This is definitely a good read based on sound biblical principals for those who want to learn more about fasting. What would make it even better would be to go into more detail about the different types of fasts. Obviously, water only is pretty self-explanatory, but length of time for a water only fast is not addressed at all. What about juice fasts? He talks about drinking broth during the 21-day fast, so is that a liquid only fast or... Having said that, I realize there is also a complete fasting package available for purchase with this book, a journal, a 5-week DVD course, and a study guide. I assume these "how to" type questions would be dealt with in that package.

Overall, an excellent read that I highly recommend.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fasting.

12/05/2010 page 69
27.0% ""... God wants to pour out supernatural blessings in our lives... but we are not willing to seek Him in fasting and prayer.""
12/05/2010 page 69
27.0% ""The discipline of fasting releases the anointing, the favor, and the blessing of God in the life of a Christian.""
12/07/2010 page 47
18.0% "When you hunger for God, He will break the rules of man and cause His favor to come on your life."
12/10/2010 page 207
81.0% "[When you fast] What you are actually doing is positioning yourself and preparing your heart for what is to come."
12/11/2010 page 256
100.0% "Fasting can end the demonic attack on your family... break the generational curses... you lay a new foundation of blessing..."