Siobhan's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Dec 05, 10

Read in August, 2010

Well Nora Roberts pulled me in again. I'm predominantly an urban fantasy junkie but I just find this writer an irresistible read. Perhaps it's because I like the "gal gets the guy" endings, which are pretty much guaranteed from Nora Roberts. No it's honestly not just that, she makes you love each and every character that marks the page. Even the massively flawed ones!
Fiona is a self-sufficient women with a difficult past that would leave lasting damage to most people. She doesn't let this get in her way, she makes a success out of her love of dogs and creates a business training dogs both generally and specifically for search and rescue. It's through her dog training that she meets Simon and his dog Jaws, Simon is massively flawed character, he's rude, abrupt has little refinement but still you like him and read on to learn his better qualities.
When a copycat serial killer begins attacking young women, it becomes apparent that even the isolation of Orcas Island won't stop Fiona being a target, particularly as she was the only victim to escape her killer.
Again, after Ms Roberts has depicted the location, woven the plots and provided interesting lead characters, it guarantees a page turner...loved it!
I hope this review shows that these books can attract other readers than those who normally stick to the Romance genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shyloh (new)

Shyloh I agree! I lost interest for a while but when you work with custom wood furniture all day this was the relaxing brake I needed. I love this book and I have advised it to many people! http://www.woodsignaturecreations.com