Mspink's Reviews > Away From Me

Away From Me by Sophie Oak

Dec 05, 10

Read in December, 2010

I need to say, this was a great story. Especially for such a short book. It was done very nicely for the length it was. Yes, The plot line was a bit predictable but this was not an epic length book. For all us erotic romance readers, especially those of us who enjoy the bdsm genre, it really was poignant and touching. A dom who didn't quite know how to open up and give all of himself, and a sub who only wanted to be loved. It was heartbreaking and yet so redeeming.

Now, this part might seem a little silly. But as many of these book as I've read, you almost never hear the Sub use her safe word. I have read many books where the sub seems to be more uncomfortable or overwhelmed than I felt was appropriate. Certainly, a matter of opinion. But since everyone has their own individual limits, I can say that there would have been times in certain stories that if it were me, I might have used my word. But that's just me. I really appreciated that this author wrote that in. Gaby was so intensely fearful of baring that part of herself to Cal that she absolutely could not go any further. So she used her word. It just seemed more realistic and very validating as a reader and someone who is still learning about that lifestyle.

I was frustrated many times during the story at how Cal's arrogance was so over the top. He just expected Gaby to give in to him. I liked that she stuck to her guns and did not give in so easily. The way Cal put himself in such a vulnerable place in order to prove his love for Gaby, was just beautiful. Looking forward to more from this author.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away From Me.