Hannah's Reviews > A Cedar Cove Christmas

A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: christmas, library, series
Read from December 04 to 05, 2010, read count: 2

Review originally published on my blog: Snuggle Up and Read (http://nurseatkins.blogspot.com/2010/...)

I went against my usual code of not reading series out of order soley with this book because it was a Christmas book. I have to say that I shouldn't have because I didn't enjoy the novel as much I think I would have had I been familiar with Cedar Cove.

I thought this was a cute retelling of the Christmas story in a modern sense. The different ways the characters are portrayed made me laugh, with the Wyse brothers creating the most giggles. Though predictable, it was a fun read.

Though this was a cute novel, I have to say that I did not enjoy it as much as other Macomber books I've read. I got frustrated with the side stories, and I was highly confused at times about the many people involved from Cedar Cove. It was one of those books that I just kept reading and skimming at times because I wanted to get to the end of the novel to find out the rest of the story. I did enjoy the "love story" (or beginning love story) between Mary Jo and Mack. They seemed cute together, and I wondered at the time if Macomber will write another story about the two.

Overall, I thought it was a cute story. I feel that I didn't enjoy it as much as I could, but I think that's my fault for reading something out of order. Those who love Macomber and Cedar Cove will thoroughly enjoy this fun retelling. It was a great reminder of the true reason for Christmas, as well as the hardships a young mother like Mary went through. I would recommend it to anyone who reads the Cedar Cove series or who won't mind some side-stories. It's a good romance story, perfect for this time of year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cedar Cove Christmas.