Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > The Perfect Rake

The Perfect Rake by Anne Gracie

Aug 03, 11

bookshelves: calibre, kindle-or-ebook, 2011-august, romance-historical, tropes-rakes-reforming
Recommended to Tammy by: Denise
Read from August 01 to 03, 2011 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Rake.

08/02/2011
29.0% ""...She risked everything to get us to London and had a perfectly splendid plan to save us and then Great-uncle Oswald ruined everything, and poor Prue blames herself, but she cannot help being plain and -"

"Plain? Why the devil does everyone keep saying she is plain?" declared Gideon in exasperation. "Do you all need spectacles?"

" 29 comments
08/02/2011
37.0% "He smiled slowly, a smile that made her breathless, even as she wanted to strangle him...."And besides, you know you need me, Imp."

"I don't need you. And-what did you just call me?"

"Imp. It's short for ImPrudence-much more appropriate. There is not a shred of prudence or caution in you!" He observed her indignant reaction with patent approval, then commented affably, (continued)

" 4 comments
08/02/2011
62.0% ""I shan't mind if you don't," he agreed. "But I'll not let you go, Prudence. I'll not pester you, but know this: I will wait until you choose to listen to your heart."

"Pshaw." It was a feeble effort. She took a deep breath and tried again. "Humbug. How can you presume to know my heart?"

He smiled a slow, devastating smile.

(continued)

" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Are you planning to review this one? I see you gave it a 4. So you enjoyed it?

message 2: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ AGH! Why didn't I write a review on this one! I remember I liked these but can't remember why I only gave it a 3, especially after seeing your 4!

Tammy Walton Grant Hi Catherine, I am, as soon as things settle down around here (just got back from the return 2 days in the van trip - AGH!!!).

I really enjoyed it, wished there was a little bit more steam to it (it made me wait til almost the very end, dammit!) and was surprised by how many little twist and turns were hidden in what seemed at first like a light, clever romance.

Tammy Walton Grant Well, Tam, I guess you're just going to have to read it again, LOL! Perhaps it was the situation with her Grandfather you didn't like?