Jessie's Reviews > Prom and Prejudice

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

Apr 12, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-ya, re-read, christina, austen-inspired
Read on April 04, 2012, read count: 3

So excited that the release date got moved up! This wasn't supposed to be out until January.

It was strange. Normally, when I read Pride and Prejudice I am siding with Elizabeth the whole way. In this case, Elizabeth Eulberg gave us Darcy's perspective so well that I was mad at Elizabeth instead. Will Darcy was completely swoon worthy!

That being said, Prom and Prejudice was a light happy read with Pride and Prejudice as its skeleton. You'll recognize most of the characters from Pride and Prejudice with different roles. Jane is Elizabeth's kind to a fault roomate. Lydia is Jane's loud, embarassing sister. Mary and Kitty were mentioned as violinists in the orchestra that Elizabeth played with. Catherine de Bough is the resident mean girl, Cat. I think I had the most fun seeing what changes Eulberg would make, and of course, watching Darcy work his magic.

I'd recommend this for fans of Pride and Prejudice, as well as fans of the "boarding school" books that are popping up all of YA literature. Despite my love for P&P, this book did not come alive for me as well as Lonely Hearts Club did. But if you haven't read Lonely Hearts Club, definately read that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom and Prejudice.