Samantha's Reviews > Invisible Girl

Invisible Girl by Mary Hanlon Stone

Dec 04, 10

I strongly am considering how this book could get a 3.79 rating! I just finished this book, and really loved Stone's style of writing. The way she described things, it was amazing. I truly felt Stephanie's pain and indecision. Sure, I may have thought that there was some reptition in the way Stephanie's memories kept coming back-perhaps these moments could have been woven in a bit more smooth. But this happens in life. The way those memories kept hitting her like broken glass is the way it feels ibn reality. Also, the descriptions totally made up for this, I think. This example is just one of many: "Splendiferous bursts in a brilliant rainbow in the middlfe of my brain, and I have a second of calm. Then there's a hard yank on the raincoat covering me. My word vanishes. My mother stands in front of me like a beautiful, angry witch. she's wearing a sparkly red dress...Her lips are also red, perfect ruby curves except where they're smeared on one side, making her upper left corner look like someone botched an operation." (page 5)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible Girl.