Luvflix's Reviews > ReneCade

U_50x66
Apr 01, 11

bookshelves: m-m, farm
Read from March 20 to April 02, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Yet again, Cameron Dane delivers with his/her superb writing of those hot sex scenes we all love!

But that unfortunately is where my love ends, as I again found this story lacking in the story line department, when compared to the fantastically written Knowing Caleb.

As I’m sure a number of readers will agree, it’s very hard to read one of the main characters cheating on their new found love (although admittedly at the time Ren didn’t realise the full extent of his love when he cheated on Cade). However, I still gave it a shot, waiting for a creditable reason for Cade to forgive Ren, or for Ren to have some epiphany over the havoc he wreaked with his incredibly selfish actions. But after much soul searching from both characters I just couldn’t ‘feel’ their resolution, perhaps because I couldn’t endear myself to either Ren or Cade. I found it unbelievable that Ren would just take the physical gratification offered by Tex just because he hadn’t heard from Cade, and I found it implausible that Cade wouldn’t even contact Ren, his supposed new love, when he had to leave town for almost a week. Although it was sweet to see them back together at the end it just wasn’t enough to make up for the rest of the story which I felt dragged on and also found the dialogue a bit trite. My apologies for the negative review, as I truly adore Dane’s Knowing Caleb, but I guess that what happens when you achieve greatness in writing; all future novels will be compared to past successes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ReneCade.