Melissa-The Book Addict's Reviews > Touch of Frost

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Mar 23, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, greek-mythology, mythology, norse-mythology
Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

I am a sucker for books involving mythology. It has always been something I enjoyed, so the high number of books coming out lately involving mythology makes me giddy.
This one seemed to mix quite a few different cultures but it all worked out in the end. Gwen is a gypsies with the power to touch an object and see things about others that have touched it. She admits that she loves being able to find out peoples secrets, that is until one girls secrets turns Gwen's life upside down.
Before she knows it she is attending mythos academy for "warrior wiz kids". There are amazons, Vikings, Spartans, Valkyries, and other mythological warriors.
She sits through her myth-history class in disbelief in the stories she is hearing, that is until a girl ends up dead and Gwen is using her gift to be the supernatural Nancy Drew.
This is a great story about coming to terms with ones self and opening up to new possibilities about yourself. Gwen was a great character she stars out not believing in the myths she is learning about, and ends this story with a new understanding of the world around her.
This was a story that sucked me in and I am counting down the days until the next book is released. If you are a mythology fan then go get this book! This one gets 5 stars from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Frost.