Marlyn's Reviews > Kidnapped

Feb 01, 08

bookshelves: mystery
Recommended for: mystery lovers
Read in November, 2006

Every time I read Jan Burke's latest book, I think it's her best. I thought Hocus was the best. I thought Bloodlines was her best. But I'm pretty sure that Kidnapped is really her best.
Members of the Fletcher family, a large, unusual SoCal clan, are being killed. One of Irene's former colleagues married into the family, though that is not the only reason Irene's investigative senses are tingling. She's just done a feature on children kidnapped by their non-custodial parents. One of the Fletcher kids disappeared five years previously at the time of her father's murder, and Irene is pretty sure she was kidnapped by her mother.

Reading about Irene and Frank is like visiting old friends. Exciting, yet comfortable, though certainly not boring.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kidnapped.

Modbon I liked Kidnapped a lot, too, but Bloodlines is still my favorite. I love that the novels are set in and around Long Beach, CA, where I spent some time. I can picture a lot of the landmarks, the houses, the beaches, etc. Fun series!

Marlyn Yes, part of the cool factor for me is that the books are set in Long Beach, which is (almost) where I live.