Saniya's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Dec 06, 10

bookshelves: favorites, shadowhunter
Read from December 04 to 06, 2010

Having a conversation with Tessa:

Me: Tessa, Why are you so sad? Did Will said anything to you?
Tessa: Yeah, Hes rude to me! I think he doesn't likes me. =(
Me: Does He? Wait here! I will cut him into tiny little pieces and throw him into the river!
Tessa:*Gasps* No-you-umm, you can’t mean that—
Me: *Evin grin* Of course I don’t. But you felt better for a moment there, didn’t you? =D
Well didn't YOU! xD

I really liked this book but it was way similar to The Mortal Instruments Series. I mean, ofcourse, its a Prequel to The Mortal Instruments, but didn't anyone noticed the Characters?"
Clary--Tessa
Jace--Will
Simon--Jem
Isabelle--Jessamine
Valentine--Mortmain
Clary's Bro--Nathaniel
Magnus--Magnus?! =D

Will. CAN.SOMEONE.KILL.THAT.GUY.FOR.ME! >.<
I was so angry with him! Ugh, and I seriously want to know what is his 'secret' problem that he is hiding from everyone? Mysterious hot boy! Ugh! Hes worse than Jace. But thankgod. Jems was just as awesome as Simon.

I Loved the book! Didn't stop reading until it was over and in the end, I was carving for more. I love how Cassandra Clare writes. How she manages to write it with such a twist that I am like "Shit! I need to read the next book!"
But a robot army in the 1800's?! You have seriously got to be kidding me! I mean, right now in 2010, we can't make a single robot Don't even think about the army and a rich man made an army out of like what? Screws and hammers? This is not an easy thing. It felt really unrealistic to me.
Overall, I enjoyed reading Clockwork Angel. Can't wait for the next book! I will give this book 4.5/5 stars! =]
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Quotes Saniya Liked

Cassandra Clare
“You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jem seemed to look through her then, as if he were seeing something beyond her, beyond the corridor, beyond the Institute itself. "Whatever you are physically," he said, "male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside." He smiled them, seeming to have come back to himself, slightly embarrassed. "That's what I believe.”

Cassandra Clare
“It is not the same thing to be good and to be kind.”

Cassandra Clare
“That was enterprising," Will sounded nearly impressed.
Nate smiled. Tess shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising' he means 'morally deficient.'"
"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something I would have done'.”

Cassandra Clare
“She looked up at him with a smile. The smile broke what was left of his resistance--shattered it. He had let the walls down when he'd thought she was gone, and there was no time to build them back up.”

Cassandra Clare
“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

Cassandra Clare
“There's plenty of sense in nonsense sometimes, if you wish to look for it.”

Cassandra Clare
“I have mastered many things in my life. Navigating the streets of London, speaking French without an accent, dancing the quadrille, the Japanese art of flower arranging, lying at charades, concealing a highly intoxicated state, delighting young women with my charms..."

Tessa stared.

"Alas," he went on, "no one has ever actually referred to me as 'the master,' or 'the magister,' either. More's the pity...”

Cassandra Clare
“Will looked horrified. "What kind of monster could possibly hate chocolate?”

Cassandra Clare
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”

Cassandra Clare
“I believe in good and evil," said Jem. "And I believe the soul is eternal. But I don't believe in the fiery pit, the pitchforks, or endless torment. I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness."

Tessa looked at will. "What about you? What do you believe?

"Pulvis et umbra sumus," said Will, not looking at her as he spoke. "I believe we are dust and shadows. What else is there?”

Cassandra Clare
“Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from Heaven.”

Cassandra Clare
“Black hair and blue eyes are my favorite combination.”

Cassandra Clare
“Goodness," Tessa said to the back of his head. "If you keep seeing Six-Fingered Nigel like this, he'll expect you to declare your intentions.”

Cassandra Clare
“Will rolled up his sleeves. "We'll probably have to knock down the door--"
"Or," said Jem, reaching out and giving the knob a twist, "not."
The door swung open onto a rectangle of darkness.
"Now, that's simply laziness," said Will.”

Cassandra Clare
“Well, she's not responding to my advances," he observed more brightly than he felt, "so she must be dead."
"Or she's a woman of good taste and sense.”

Cassandra Clare
“Blue does not go with everything," Will told her. "It does not go with red, for instance."
"I have a red and blue striped waistcoat," Henry interjected, reaching for the peas.
"And if that isn't proof that those two colors should never be seen together under Heaven, I don't know what is.”

Cassandra Clare
“Let me give you a piece of advice. The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong. Not even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs.”

Cassandra Clare
“If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?”

Cassandra Clare
“My name is Herondale," the boy said cheerfully. "William Herondale, but everyone calls me Will. Is this really your room? Not very nice, is it?" He wandered toward the window, pausing to examine the stacks of books on her bedside table, and then the bed itself. He waved a hand at the ropes. "Do you often sleep tied to the bed?”

Cassandra Clare
“Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"

"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

Cassandra Clare
“Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be."

He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.”

Cassandra Clare
“Must you go? I was rather hoping you'd stay and be a ministering angel, but if you must go, you must."

"I'll stay," Will said a bit crossly, and threw himself down in the armchair Tessa had just vacated. "I can minister angelically."

"None too convincingly. And you're not as pretty to look at as Tessa is," Jem said, closing his eyes as he leaned back against the pillow.

"How rude. Many who have gazed upon me have compared the experience to gazing at the radiance of the sun."

Jem still had his eyes closed. "If they mean it gives you a headache, they aren't wrong.”

Cassandra Clare
“Drowning yourself won't help, she told herself sternly. Now, drowning Will, on the other hand...”

“Magic is dangerous-
but love is more dangerous still”

12/04/2010 page 88
show 1 hidden update…

Joyzi I love Jem!

Saniya IKR xD hes so sweet =D

Nimra khalid umm its a prequel right..?? i want to read the series,which one should i read first..??

Saniya Its really your choice. The author said that non of the series contain spoilers about one another but yet just clues. But in my POV, I think you can start with The Mortal Instruments as all the readers started reading that series first. :)

Nimra khalid okay...on it..thanks.!!..:)