Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Timing

Timing by Mary Calmes

May 08, 11

bookshelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, cowboys, romance, traduzioni-dsp, qc-or-pr
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Luci
Read on May 06, 2011

I think that if this had been my first book by this author, I would have rated 4 stars because it's very enjoyable and the characters are cute, but Stefan is so similar to Jory of A Matter of Time, that it was like reading the same character all over again. Stefan is gorgeous; everybody loves him; when he enters a room, instant peace; everybody wants to touch him; people prefer him over long time friends and relatives; everybody admires him; the life of someone has depended, depends or will depend on him; he has no family; the straightest guy in the world wants him.

There was something very touching about Stefan and it was his belief that he is dependable, that people will leave him sooner or later and find someone who can substitute him, because he is still suffering from the fact that his mother preferred his new husband to him, and I wish the author had explored that situation a bit more. Instead it was lost in one of Charlotte's hysterics and the soul revealing moment was a bit lost.

I had some issues with Rand too. I can understand that he set his eyes on Stefan and he's been trying to find a remedy to the awkwardness of their first meeting, but I don't like when a character treats another character as a pet. It was a bit immature for a 30-year-old guy, even for someone as smitten as him. I found interesting the part about the ranch and Rand's relationship with his employees, and I think Rand's uncle Tyler was the best character.

The mystery part was a bit useless, in my opinion. I would have been satisfied with less of that and more of Stefan and Rand together, something beside their lust. I think it was good when it showed the sheriff's reaction to Stefan and Rand's relationship and I think seeing the impact of their love on their community would have been far more interesting.

So, it was a good story, but I think it had the potential to be better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timing.

05/06/2011
11.0% "Great smile, great hair, great body, everybody loves him... it's Jory from A Matter of Time!!! ... Uhh, no it's the hero of the book, Stefan. It was Jory to me..." 2 comments
05/06/2011
37.0% "The morning after..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) The while Stefan-is-so-great thing really annoyed me. I swear the sex in that book was what made me give it three stars.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ They had sex for the first (three) times. You know, for me gay for you is not easy to believe. And he's too perfect. And the other guy is treating him as a doll, not as a human being. It's a very enjoyable book, but it's pushing my wrong buttons.

Alyosha Oh yeah, gee man, what was with that mystery anyway? It served no real purpose and it was just extremely lame.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I tried to think of what would've changed without it. What was the problem? There was no other way to separate Stefan and Rand after their time together? It didn't add a thing!!!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) The mystery must have seemed arbitrary to me because I don't even remember there being one.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Selective reading? Good :)