Jay's Reviews > Wedding of the Season

Wedding of the Season by Laura Lee Guhrke

Dec 26, 2010

bookshelves: ebooks, for-review, arc

Review originally posted on romancereaderatheart.com

Having never read Laura Lee Gurhke before, I didn’t really know what to expect from her. However, having read this and the sequel, Scandal of the Year, back to back, I’m happy to report that she’s definitely one of my new favorite authors. Wedding of the Year is set in 1904 and it was refreshing to read a romance set in a time on the brink of modernity. Beatrix drives a motorcar and wears pants occasionally, but she still adheres to many of the more traditional roles of the daughter of a lord.

Beatrix and Will grew up together and were engaged to be married. Everyone around them expected them to live happily ever after, right up until Will announced he was leaving England for Egypt to search for King Tut’s tomb, and Beatrix refuses to go with him. They break off the engagement and go their separate ways. 4 years later, Beatrix is engaged to someone else and Will returns because he needs more money to fund his dig. Of course sparks fly the minute the run into each other, and for the rest of the book we get to watch these two fall back in love with each other.

Wedding of the Season was a charming reunited story about two people who want different things in life, but realize that they want each other more. The sequel to Wedding of the Season, Scandal of the Year is released next month, and it features Beatrix’s jilted fiance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedding of the Season.

12/09/2010
68.0% "I'm liking this way more than I thought I would. It's also making me soft and pink though which I don't really like."
show 1 hidden update…