JulesQ's Reviews > For the Win

For the Win by Cory Doctorow

Dec 04, 2010

it was ok
Read in December, 2010

This is actually a low 5/10. At first I thought that I didn't like it because it spent too much time talking about the actual gaming and I was going to forgive the book for that, because I'm not a gamer and presumably the 14-year-old boys who read this and ARE gamers will like it.

But the Doctorow got better at describing game play in more accessible terms. But then I didn't like it because I was almost halfway into the book and it was still introducing new main characters. Seriously. And there were so many of them that at one point I was like, whatever happened to that one guy and 15 pages later it finally got back to that one guy.

But then Doctorow stopped doing that and I was actually getting kind of interested in what was going on. But then nothing really happened. Well... a lot of things happened but nothing in a coherent story sort of way.

And then it ended. Well, more like, then it stopped. But I did really enjoy it for a good 50 pages. And I can't complain about Doctorow's writing, although there were a lot of typos. More than acceptable, really. But that's the editor's fault.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Win.