Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Dec 03, 2010

Read from December 03 to 05, 2010

I'm not the contemporary romance type of girl. I find them cheesy and boring. I hate how they usually revolve around a misunderstanding between boy and girl usually involving girl 2 or boy 2. I didn't come into this book with a bad attitude but I came with very low expectations.

I’m probably STILL not the contemporary romance type of the girl but I will easily say that I am now a HUGE fan of Stephanie Perkins and Anna and the French Kiss . My face hurts from smiling. I was sitting by myself in my bedroom and I was smiling from ear to ear. I hate when I do that, since no one can see you smile but you cannot help yourself. That was me- grinning like the Joker. I laughed, and I cried. I felt like a teenager because the author managed to bring me back to my teenage years with such ease that I forgot I was not a teenager for a few hours.

Simply one of the best YA books I’ve read in YEARS.

Update- Added to my "Favorite Book of 2010" shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

12/03/2010 page 1
0.0% "talk about reading outside my comfort zone..this is it! A YA contemporary (probably not even spelling it right)romance book. I've been told I MUST read this or face death by book beating. So here I am. I'm sure I'll love like everyone else."
12/03/2010 page 45
12.0% "I'm in love! This book has made me smile and laugh more in 45 pages than most books do in 400 pages. Off to read."
12/04/2010 page 155
42.0% "Ok, I stayed up way too late reading this book & I loved every minute of it so far. It's one of the most charming YA books I've read ever." 1 comment
12/05/2010 page 372
100.0% "Thank you Ms. Perkins for my stiff neck, and for the constant yawns this morning. I was awake half the night because of you! You had to write a book I couldn't stop reading until I was finished? Oh well."
03/08/2016 marked as: read

Laura the Highland Hussy It sounds like such a sweet book!

message 2: by Tutti (new) - added it

Tutti Dolci Ah, makes me want to read it now!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead it was wonderful. I just shoved the book in the hands of one my employees who loves YA books.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Well, drat! Another book to buy... whatever shall I do? *sigh*

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Well, drat! Another book to buy... whatever shall I do? *sigh*"

LOL

message 6: by Sans (new)

Sans Great review, Michelle. I've been hemming and hawing over this one, but I'll reserve it at the library now.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Sans wrote: "Great review, Michelle. I've been hemming and hawing over this one, but I'll reserve it at the library now."

Just make sure you start in the morning, otherwise you won't sleep trying to finish it. :)

message 8: by Sans (new)

Sans Sleep? What's that? I know not of this concept. Reading is much more important!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Sans wrote: "Sleep? What's that? I know not of this concept. Reading is much more important!"

I 100% agree. I'd much rather be reading than most anything. Not everything- there are a few activities I enjoy more ;)

message 10: by Sans (new)

Sans *snicker* I completely agree.

Laura the Highland Hussy Sans wrote: "Sleep? What's that? I know not of this concept. Reading is much more important!"

lmao!!!

Alyssa hoffmaster im so excited to read this...

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Alyssa wrote: "im so excited to read this..."

This is a genre I'd normally never read but it still made it to my Favorite book of 2010 shelf. It was that good!

Alyssa hoffmaster it makes me want to read it even more :)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Alyssa wrote: "it makes me want to read it even more :)"

My copy has gone around my workplace and in three days, three different employees have read it and all of them said it was one of their favorite books. All of them (even one who hardly reads books) read it straight through without stopping.

Alyssa hoffmaster wow, that's amazing

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector I agree!! This book was soooo good!!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Jamie wrote: "I agree!! This book was soooo good!!"

I'm glad you loved it.

Lupdilup Duffy I just finished it.. looove it!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Lupdilup wrote: "I just finished it.. looove it!"

It is a wonderful book!

Lupdilup Duffy Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Lupdilup wrote: "I just finished it.. looove it!"

It is a wonderful book!"

I'm in love with love!! I feel like I'm seventeen again, with a totally melted heart, the more I digested the more I like it.

Nicole Oh Michelle!!!! I just finished the book and loved it!!!

Like you, I don't usually rea YA buy since this has gotten good reviews, I went ahea and read it.

Again, like you... I was smiling all the time! My hubs thought I was crazy coz he'll find me smiling while reading...

Anyways, I'm still giddy ... *gigles*. ;)

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Nicole wrote: "Oh Michelle!!!! I just finished the book and loved it!!!

Again, like you... I was smiling all the..."

Yeah! I love fellow giddy readers!