Cornerofmadness's Reviews > Fairy Tail, Vol. 08

Dec 03, 10

bookshelves: manga
Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert **
Ah the fan service, at least it goes both ways in this. Lucy has been kidnapped to be taken back to her wealthy father and the evil dudes are out to utterly destroy Fairy Tail Guild. Grey, Natsu and Erza all have their own battles to fight, especially the latter two. Literally that’s all this volume is. I mean, if you’ve gotten this far you’re probably going to read on. And if you’re new to it, don’t start here. There is some character development, most of it Natsu’s and some of it surprising (I thought Erza was a bit older than she is). My biggest complaint is Lucy is borderline worthless. She is always getting into trouble and waiting for the guys to bail her out. Yes, she does finally rescue Natsu at the end but I wish she were more like Erza. I’m so tired for the helpless female trope. I don’t expect them all to kick ass but I’d settle for not getting kidnapped and standing around shaking every other chapter. If you ignore Lucy though, this was a pretty good volume.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Tail, Vol. 08.