Noah's Reviews > The Power

The Power by Rhonda Byrne

Jun 09, 12

I listened to the audio book, which despite it's potential for cheesiness, I did enjoy. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same thing out of just reading the book. Hearing Byrne's passion probably helped.

I know some people think "it's nothing new." Of course it's nothing new; there's nothing new under the sun. Yes, it's saying the same thing as The Secret; there's only one thing to say!

I liked the anecdotes; part of me wants to question them and say they're made up, but I know from my own life that things like that happen all the time, so I do believe them.

I think this book did a good job of emphasizing the importance of feeling good feelings. I definitely didn't recognize that before; maybe I would try to think positive thoughts about something I wanted and try not to feel fear, but this book emphasizes the importance of feeling positively all of the time. So now I'm more conscious about any time I have negative feelings, and I try to turn them around.

Definitely worth a listen. Who couldn't stand to think and feel more positively?
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power.

01/29 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Amna AlSinani I am listening to the audio book now, fills me with love and happiness, just like you said, there is only one thing to say, it is no thing new, but the way it is read and the small stories are cited, add to that the sound effects, the book is worth much more. I am in chapter 13 now, three more to go but i enjoy listening to it slowly on the road

Sedaa Can you suggest any other book of this type by another writer?

Noah Sedaa wrote: "Can you suggest any other book of this type by another writer?"

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife - not quite like this, but definitely worth reading! (Listen to the audiobook, read by author.)

Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11 - more like this in that it's lots of stories. Not totally mind-blowing, but kind of interesting.

The Untethered Soul - not stories, but very interesting on how to deal with our thoughts (good audiobook)

Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life - specific technique for turning around negative thoughts. Highly effective, use it all the time. (read this one, not listen)

Sedaa Thanks Dear Noah :-))

Sedaa I think "the untethered soul" if what I was looking for :-))