Joni Thomas's Reviews > Stay with Me

Stay with Me by Sandra Rodriguez Barron

Dec 03, 2010

bookshelves: chick-lit, adult-fiction

I enjoyed this book. It stuck with me even after I put it down and I could not wait to pick it up again. The story of the five abandoned toddlers really resonated with me because I myself have a 2 year old and I could not imagine abandoning her. So while reading the book I kept coming back to what had happened to them when they were toddlers.
The book follows the 5 toddlers, now adults, after one of them, David, finds out he has terminal brain cancer. The diagnosis drives him to want to find out exactly what happened years ago and why his siblings and himself were abandoned on a boat in Puerto Rico.
This book was a hypnotizing read. I was so caught up in wandering what was going to happen next. It was fast paced but not so much that I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. There was just enough mystery to keep me intrigued while still allowing other parts of the story to be told. Everything flowed together perfectly and I was never left confused or needing to reread a few pages to understand something. This book seems like the perfect beach read and I recommend it anyone who needs a book that balances intrigue and mystery perfectly with romance and drama.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay with Me.