Eric Bingham's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

3198996
Aug 01, 11

I think that part of my problem with this book might have been that I was so excited to read it because I had heard from several people about how great it was. In the book's defense, I actually listened to the book on tape, and the reader was terrible, so that probably jaded my opinion of the book. The book was written at a very juvenile level, using many phrases like "you're so silly!," or "You left me all by my lonesome!" I had a hard time imagining high schoolers having these conversations. Also the author seemed to be obsessed with telling you number details like, "I was surrounded by 30 piles of ash, and the beast with 50 teath advanced on me from 20 feet away." There was also a lot of language for a book that was written on such a young level. The characters weren't very believable for me. Aside from the lousy reading and poor writing, the storyline was the one redeeming quality of this book. The story was actually pretty interesting if I could ignore all the things that bothered me about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.