Christy's Reviews > How to Twist a Dragon's Tale

How to Twist a Dragon's Tale by Cressida Cowell

Dec 31, 10

** spoiler alert ** I read this aloud, as with the others, same amount of potty talk, same skipping.

Good example of public virtue, same enjoyable silliness and humor.

There are dragons of all sizes and characteristics. Some as large as the Green Death, others so small they can burrow under your skin and give you a rash. All of the Vikings have hunting dragons, which is what Toothless is. Hunting dragons are all about the size of dogs. This is the first book that introduces the concept of riding dragons. The boys start out on young dragons that aren't strong enough to fly with a rider, so the boys ride them like horses.

I totally disagreed with Vallhallarama keeping the symbol of her love with Humunsgously Hotshot around her neck her whole life. She married someone else and had a son. She needed to move on and as a symbol of fidelity and loyalty to her husband and family, set aside the half ruby heart. I had the same disgust with the movie Titanic when the woman died and passed over to her love from the Titanic, not her husband that she had a family with. It isn't romantic, it's a matter maturity and fidelity, something totally lacking in our world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Twist a Dragon's Tale.