Jen B's Reviews > The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook

The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook by Jillian Michaels

Dec 03, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read in December, 2010

I love to cook healthy foods and to exercise, but I've never been one of those people to buy into fad diets/exercise programs pushed by celebrities. I do, however, read cookbooks of all kinds in search of good, healthy recipes to make for my family. I love Jillian Michaels' book because I don't feel like she's pushing any particular diet -- she simply breaks down different kinds of foods and the effects that they have on your body, touts the benefits of eating organic foods whenever possible, and preaches avoiding genetically engineered or highly processed foods. This is more a healthy lifestyle cookbook rather than a fad diet cookbook, even though there's a celebrity on the cover. And the recipes are absolutely delicious! Perhaps my biggest recommendation for this one: I usually check cookbooks out from the library and then copy down the few recipes I want to keep in my collection; this one, however, I'm actually going to go buy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook.