Melissa's Reviews > The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children

The Explosive Child by Ross W. Greene

F_50x66
Dec 02, 10

bookshelves: child-parenting
Read in May, 2010

Overall, this was a worthwhile read for me.

At the time I read it, my child was ~3.5 and I didn't feel many of the examples pertained to such a young child. The book's central theme suggested course of action for building your child's problem solving abilities. I believe that the premise was a good one and I adapted this concept to fit our child and have had some success with this approach. I have not yet found a book that has all of the answers, but this one provides an additional piece of the puzzle.

I would have liked to have seen more research cited and fewer example dialogues. I didn't quite finish because I began to get tired of the redundancy. I would recommend this book to any parent with a child that has difficulty handling their own negative feelings/emotions (frustration and disappointment in particular).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Explosive Child.