Emilyn's Reviews > Virals

Virals by Kathy Reichs

Dec 02, 10

bookshelves: werewolves, science-fiction, mystery, young-adult, contemporary, death
Read in December, 2010

I've never read Reichs' adult stuff because extreme gore and violence doesn't particularly appeal to me. As a young adult novel, this one isn't terribly graphic. It was nice that it also included the forensic anthropology aspect that her other stuff has, though (I am a big fan of Bones even if I haven't read the series).

Tori recently moved to North Carolina to live with the father she had never met after the unexpected death of her mother. She has three good friends, all of whom are neighbors, Hi, Shelton and Ben. All four are science nerds with different areas of interest (technology, computers, mechanics and biology amongst the four of them). Through a series of rather convoluted events, they uncover the skeleton of a girl killed four decades before. After the skeleton disappears and they can't convince adults they aren't lying, they decide to solve the mystery themselves. They've also been infected with a new virus (created illegally and in secret) that has mutated their DNA so they now have traits found in wolves.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virals.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly It was South Carolina. It was off the coast of Charleston, in Charleston Harbor.
Nice review though. I definitely felt the same, though I loved a little bit more.