Kelli Lee's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 25, 11

bookshelves: how-do-i-love-thee-let-me-count-the, adventurous-quests, frolicking-faeries, contemporary-fantasy
Recommended for: Everyone with a pulse
Read from January 24 to 25, 2011

Have you ever lost track of time? Literally forgot the world around you? Been so drawn into a book, its world, its characters, where you felt like you were a part of the story? The action? Even found yourself yelling aloud at the characters, pretty much talking to yourself? Ignored phone calls? *wincing* Snuck in reading time while at work? *still wincing* Yeah, me too. This is in a nut shell is what Darkfever did to me over the past 24 hours.

Simply stated: I am in love with Darkfever. (In case I didn’t get that point across; maybe I was too subtle; it’s been known to happen.) I was a tad afraid that I was going to despise Mac because of countless reviews mentioning how superficial she was and how she constantly mentioned nail polish yadda yadda yadda. For the record, I can’t stand weak-minded “heroines”. How weak-minded and heroine go together in the first place is beyond me and irks me as all get out! Back on point, tangent over. But thank God that wasn’t a problem. Despite the nail polish comments, Mac is a badass. Why? Because she had the moxie to leave behind her days of GTL’ing and head to Ireland to avenge her sister’s death. Now that’s a strong woman I can admire. I adore this character. And okay, Jericho is to die for. Holy hotness. Mac has a warm place in my heart because she was very reminiscent of Buffy with a dash of Joan Wilder (Romancing the Stone) thrown in for good measure.

This book has me in a fever all right. I fear I won’t get anything else done and will do my best to eschew all responsibilities until I’ve finished reading this series. And I must say, I can’t believe it took me so long to find out about the Fever Series in the first place. What rock have I been living under? Embarrassing much?

My only teensy-weensy grievance throughout the whole book was the continuous portents Mac threw our way. Let me find out on my own. It kind of ruined it for me in certain spots. I want to be on the edge of my seat, not know that everything worked out in the end. Geez. But aside from that minor issue, it paled in comparison to the awesomeness that is this book.

So, sorry peeps, but I gotta go. Bloodfever is calling my name.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

01/25/2011 page 150
49.0% "This book has that certain je ne sais quoi that makes a book unputdownable." 7 comments