Angel 's Reviews > The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century 1910

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore

190365
Dec 04, 10

bookshelves: fantasy-and-speculative, graphic_novels_and_comics, science_fiction
Recommended for: Moore fans, those who feel a need to read all things Moore
Read from December 02 to 04, 2010, read count: 1

I am honestly starting to think that Alan Moore is slipping. Either that, or he is just too much into trying to be cool and smart with literary allusions and not paying enough attention to having a good storyline. I have learned this book is first in a series, so I honestly hope things will get better in the next volume because going by this one, there is not a whole lot of meat. Basically, Mina Harker and the new members of the League are investigating some apocalyptical threat at the turn of the century. It is 1910 now, a new coronation is about to occur, and there is a dark cult that may or not be a threat. To be honest, compared to the original members, the new folks are just pretty bland, and I did not find a lot to be excited about. Nemo's daughter may have some potential, but it is early to tell. The one thing I did enjoy, which I always enjoy is the art in these series which catches the steampunk and Victoriana very well.

So, I will probably read the next one, but I am keeping my expectations low. If this does not get better, not sure I will go to the third and last. Which would be sad since I am a big fan of Moore's other works ( Watchmen, V for Vendetta, so on).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.