Chena's Reviews > The Scarpetta Factor

The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell

Jul 31, 2011

Read in July, 2011

This installment is one of the best of the recent Scarpetta novels. I had a pit in my stomach throughout most of it because you can just sense the evil behind the seemingly unconnected events that make up the plot. There are a number of characters to keep track of at first, but it was well worth the effort!! I spent the last half of the book shouting WTF?! and HOLY S!!! I highly recommend reading the books that came before this one to get the maximum payoff. You're going to rob yourself of the OMG moments by making this book the first Scarpette novel you've ever read. This book should make any longtime Scarpetta fan happy after the grumblings about the book before this one, "Scarpetta." It's always nice to peek in on the lives of Scarpetta, Pete Marino, Lucy etc. You can always count on them to be not only delightfully dysfunctional, but also into something...bad. Bad, twisted and awesome!!! BTW, I stand by my earlier status update: I really didn't need to know who Hap Judd was. At all. I can't wait to get my hands of "Port Mortuary!"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarpetta Factor.

07/18/2011 page 70
16.0% "What the what now?? I know for certain that one person is most sincerely dead, but is someone else missing now? Who in the H is Hap Judd? I'm only on page 70 and there are 90 millions things going on! Lucky for me that Marino's arrived to sort things out :-)."
07/29/2011 page 381
89.0% "It's all coming together now...and the picture ain't pretty!! And I regret asking who Hap Judd was. Turns out, I really didn't want to know. Ick."