Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Archangel's Kiss

Dec 15, 10

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from December 02 to 15, 2010

4.5 stars.

In the previous book I didn't like Elena very much because she was always confronting Raphael and she was extremely despondent. In this book she's more likable, but I can't help feeling that I like her because Raphael likes her. It's as if she's basking in the Archangel's spotlight, but she is not strong enough to stand on her own as a character.

I think Raphael is one of my favorite Alpha heroes. He is passionate with a dangerous streak, he feels deeply but he has a cold mind. It's only his love for Elena that keeps him this side of human (if we can use this words for an Archangel).

I liked knowing more about Raphael's Seven, there are very fascinating creatures among them.

In this book Elena is recovering from the injuries she sustained in Angels' Blood and she's training to get accustomed to her new angel status. I liked reading about the training sessions and then the flying lessons with Raphael. We also have a better understanding of the war of power inside the Archangels' Cadre. It's really a fascinating world and I'm looking forward to reading the third book.

The book is extremely well written, but it's too sophisticated at times, it's like the author is enjoying her prose too much, and it left me unmoved. Anyway, it's a top read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Kiss.

12/02/2010
7.0% "I'm in love with Raphael..."
12/07/2010
12.0% "Who's messing with Raphael's vampires?"
12/07/2010
20.0% "Ok, Elena for me doesn't exist. It's just HIM!"
12/10/2010
33.0% "Don't touch the child angels!"
12/10/2010
45.0% "Oooooooh come on, do something!"
12/12/2010
62.0% "Finally!"
12/13/2010
69.0% "A lot of mind games."
12/14/2010
79.0% "Off to Peking!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I really dont read much w/ female leads, but you make this sound VERY INTERSESTING :D

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Raphael is very Alpha, I really love him. Ice on the outside, fire inside :)