Jen Knox's Reviews > Stein On Writing: A Master Editor of Some of the Most Successful Writers of Our Century Shares His Craft Techniques and Strategies

Stein On Writing by Sol Stein
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stein On Writing.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Brad (new) - added it

Brad Thanks, Jen

Robin Spano I liked this one a lot. If you have it in your hands, I'd read it soon. Lots of value for me.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Knox I actually did read this! Loved it, too. He's a name dropper, but there were some great exercises in here. I use some adaptation of some them in my classes, when I teach creative writing.

Robin Spano Right on. Yeah, a name-dropper including his own - I didn't like all his references to his own writing in an instructional vein. Where do you teach creative writing?

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Knox Robin wrote: "Right on. Yeah, a name-dropper including his own - I didn't like all his references to his own writing in an instructional vein. Where do you teach creative writing?"

Ha! You're right. I paraphrase: "When I was working with Jimmy, whom you may only know as James Baldwin if you are not familiar..." So precious. I guess the literary game invites a little of that.

I work at San Antonio College, but I'm taking the term off. I love it. Do you teach/write/both?