Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Splendor

Splendor by Anna Godbersen

Feb 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, made-me-emotional, historical-romance, frustrating

I can't write a proper review for this book. It's just not possible. Splendor takes love/hate to a whole new level for me.

Not since Mockingjay have I liked a book that pissed me off so much. I already knew what was going to happen due to reading some spoilers, so maybe it softened the blow for me and didn't leave me as bitter as I thought I would be.

(view spoiler)

2 stars for the outcome. 4 stars for the writing. Godberson is flawless in her storycrafting. 5 stars for an author having the "balls" (yeah I said it) to stick to her guns and write the story that she wanted to write, even if it would piss off the fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Splendor.

02/07/2011 page 147

Ciri Even though I was upset they didn't end up together I totally understand why Diana left

Stacia (the 2010 club) lmao spoilering again!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I understand too, but she could have (view spoiler)

Ciri I think a spin-off series would be cool and she came back later on-ish.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Since her new series is set in the flapper era (which would be 1920's/early 30's), I'm curious if we'll see any of the KIDS of the Luxe characters. That would be awesome if there was a Schoonmaker or Holland running around.

Ciri Yeah that would be cool. Better not be Penelope's kid though D: I hate that cow.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I laughed when the prince did a number on her.

Diana's kid would be really cool, even if it's just a side character that makes a cameo.

Ciri Same xD she deserved that

Yeah that would be cool..I still want Diana and Henry to get back together