Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

A solid 4.5 stars. I almost considered a 5 because I was quite impressed with the book, but there were a few minor details that held me back. Either way, this is a definite keeper and one that I will highly recommend.

If this one hadn't been a group read for 2 different groups, I probably wouldn't have picked it up because I'm really tired of mediocre angel books. Sure, everyone was saying, "but this one is different, trust me!" Even with that, it's hard to get over being burned.

Fallen was one of the most mediocre books that I read in 2010. Hush, Hush was better, but it only got a decent rating because I fell in love with the male lead. The story itself was okay but nothing special.

Unearthly actually had a good story. Huh. Imagine that. Good story and interesting characters. Wait, what? Books are allowed to have both? That's a rarity these days. I even liked the flipping cowboy. How did that happen?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brittany Hope you like it!

Ronyell Great review Stacia!!! I really enjoyed this book too, although I haven't read Fallen or Hush, Hush yet.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks! It's probably good if you haven't read them. Fallen and Hush, Hush are at the bottom of the ladder for me. :p

These are all much better angel books : Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Shadows (The Rephaim, #1) by Paula Weston

Ronyell Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "Thanks! It's probably good if you haven't read them. Fallen and Hush, Hush are at the bottom of the ladder for me. :p

These are all much better angel books : Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand [bookcov..."

Thanks! I'll check them out!

Dayatara I agree with you Stacia, that Fallen was terrible. Unearthly puts that book to shame! I haven't read Hush Hush. The fact that you compared it to Fallen leads me to believe I shouldn't even bother : )

Stacia (the 2010 club) Hush Hush wasn't even bad story-wise but it had an extremely annoying female lead who I had trouble getting behind, so the series sort of floundered for me until I finally quit reading at book 3.

Dayatara Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "Hush Hush wasn't even bad story-wise but it had an extremely annoying female lead who I had trouble getting behind, so the series sort of floundered for me until I finally quit reading at book 3."

I didn't think I had Hush Hush but it looks like I do, so I'll end up reading it eventually. I have sooo many books! Oh how I wish I could read (whatever I want) for a living!