Ziaria's Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Dec 07, 10

Read from December 01 to 07, 2010

Can you imagine being told who you would marry, how you would live, what job you would have and just about everything else is decided for you as well? Being censored from most everything in the world. Movies, music, poems, books all gone except for a very few? A life with no free will whatsoever? This is the life Cassia lives and she accepts it until that fateful night she looks at her matching microchip and see's two boys.

This book brought about many feelings for me. Sadness and joy being two of them. I felt such a sadness for the characters in this book. I wondered if they even knew what real happiness really was. Everyone is the same. Day to day life it the same, nothing unexpected until the unexpected happens and Cassia's life is slowly brought to life. Watching Cassia go from drone to learning to live and love was beautiful. The sadness followed me through out the book but I couldn't stop reading because with all the sadness one thing shined through, hope.

Ally references a well known Dylan Thomas poem, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, several times in this book and it brought back just how much I love this poem. How it seems sad but yet no where near sad, all at the same time. How it teaches you question things, life, etc. Not to just go by what they tell you to. But to grab life by the horns and live it!

I have to say I loved this book and if you are a fan of Dystopian fiction, I highly recommend it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

12/04/2010 page 131