Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Grave Secret

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris

Dec 02, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

Harper Connelly was struck by lighning when she was a child. Now she can locate dead bodies, and has traveled across the country doing jobs for the local PD; some of who think she's bonkers and a quack. Her step-brother Toliver is her business partner, and now lover. They return home to visit their two sisters, who are now pretty much strangers to them thanks to their aunt and uncle who are raising them.

Harper has been trying for years to locate her missing older sister Cameron who disappeared not too far from their home. She thinks she may have a lead, finally, and ends up going back to Texarkana to continue the search. Along the way they are asked by the wealthy Joyce family to look into the fathers death.

Unfortunately, this appears to have been the last book in the 4-part series, and that's a shame. I like Harper's character. I didn't really like the way the Cameron disappearance was resolved, and hoped for something alot better. I also don't really like the relationship between Toliver and Harper. It just makes no sense to me. It also makes no sense how the story just ended...OH well can't win them all can we?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Secret.