McNeil's Reviews > Food Rules: An Eater's Manual

2048862
Dec 01, 2010

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in December, 2010

Simple little book full of stuff I probably already knew, but pretty good reminder. A couple of good little tips: 1) if you think you're hungry and yet you don't want an apple (a real apple, I would add, since I don't know that a store-bought apple ever tastes good), then it's probably not hunger you're dealing with. 2)sugar is sugar and bad when you eat too much of it, regardless of its form. This one surprised me coming from this guy, as I thought he was the one sort of responsible for the whole HFCS is evil thing. Isnt' that the deal with Ominivore's dilemma, by this same author? I have not read that book, but I thought he posited that HFCS (which he revealed to be in EVERYTHING that is processed) is sort of addictive or something? Anyway, this book took me 30 minutes to read, and OD is a long book, so I might not get around to it very soon, so this was good to read as sort of a digest, sans science talk and so on.

If you're eating a lot of fast food and processed foods and don't already know that that is not very healthful, then spending a few minutes scanning this book would be a great idea.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Rules.