Tina's Reviews > A Local Habitation

1420355
Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: adult-fantasy
Read from January 09 to 13, 2011

If you enjoyed the first one, Rosemary and Rue, then you'll probably enjoy this one. As for me, I think I enjoyed the first one a teeny bit more.

Yeahs ::

* Still really enjoying this world the author created. The setting for most of the book is Fremont, Ca, where I live! So it was kind of weird whenever it was mentioned. But I eventually got over it.

* I'm a fan of Tybolt and hope that a relationship blossoms between him and Toby.

* We don't get a chance to get to know the other characters, besides Toby. But for some reason, I really like them and would luv to get a chance to get to know them better.

Nays ::

* Nothing romantic happened between Tybolt and Toby. He was in the book more than the first, but he was more of a background player.

* I figured out the killers from the beginning. Needless to say, I was sad when my guess came to fruition. It was to easy to figure out. Toby is a lousy detective and should have figured it out immediately.

* I know this isn't a romance, but a little would help the plot. The plot dragged on and on. It kept going around in circles. A little subplot would have helped me stay focused.

Plot 3 stars
Romance / Chemistry 2 stars
Action : Romance Ratio 98:02
Ending 3 stars
Good enough to pick up again 3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Local Habitation.

01/09/2011 page 15
4.0% "Toby has a job in Fremont! Ha! That's my home. Freakin' hilarious."