Edwina Cowgill's Reviews > Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible

Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

Jan 19, 11

Recommended for: Everyone
Read from December 01, 2010 to January 10, 2011

12/19: Update: I've had to set aside Sun Stand Still in order to read "Chazown" by Craig Groeschel. I am reading this book to review for Waterbrook Multnomah Press. I will get back to finish Sun
Stand Still in a few weeks.

01/20/11: I have finished this book - finally - and it is an awesome book. Here is part of my review that was posted on several websites:

I have just finished reading “Sun Stand Still” by Steven Furtick. It is such an incredible book, that I find I’m having trouble thinking of words adequate to describe the book. This book is based on the story of Joshua and the prayer he prayed in Joshua 10:12: “O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon. This is not just simply faith - it is audacious faith – that Joshua would ask God to cause the sun to stand still!
Allow me to quote a few passages from the book:
“If you’re not daring to believe God for the impossible, you may be sleeping
through some of the best parts of your Christian life.

If the size of your vision for your life isn’t intimidating to you, there’s a good
chance it’s insulting to God.

Audacious faith is the raw material that authentic Christianity is made of. It’s
the stuff that triggers ordinary level-headed people like you and me to start living
with unusual boldness. When you live this way, your eyes will be opened to see
your day-to-day life in vivid color. Your spiritual growth will accelerate at a
super-natural pace.”

“Sun Stand Still” pulls no punches. Yet, it is written from a heart of love, a heart after God.
Steven Furtick’s desire is to see every Christian in America and beyond her borders to live in audacious faith, to pray Sun Stand Still prayers.
“Sun Stand Still” will cause you to grow spiritually. If you choose to pray Sun Stand Still prayers, your faith will grow into audacious faith. You will “dare to believe God for the impossible,” for the dream, vision and goals He has for you. Your prayer life will change. Your life will change. It will be a change you do not want to miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sun Stand Still.