Denise's Reviews > The Salbine Sisters

The Salbine Sisters by Sarah Ettritch

Dec 01, 2010

it was ok
Read in December, 2010

I won this book as a giveaway. I think this book had a lot of potential, but I'm not sure if it quite reached it. The story itself was interesting. The world was, I think, my favorite part. I wanted to like this book more than I actually did, really. I think my main problem with it was the character's voices. I had a very hard time understanding why or how Maddy fell in love with Lillian to tell the truth. While towards the end of the book Lillian did soften up, through most of it, I just really didn't like her. She was either a cold bi*ch or a self pitying wimp. While Maddy seemed intent on going her own way and listening to none of the people who cared about her. The character I liked the best was actually the abbess. She seemed the most real to me.
It did seem to me as if this book is the beginning of a series or at least will have a sequel. I do hope that it does actually. I would like to see more in this world, and I am interested in seeing these characters grow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Salbine Sisters.